Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Another Open Letter to the TBS Executives In Charge of Renewing King of the Nerds

Okay, TBS, it’s been a couple of weeks since I enlisted in the “Nerd Army” and we’re all still waiting to hear if you are going to renew King of the Nerds for a third season. I gave you a piece of my heart, now how about some numbers. I know these figures don’t mean much to you, but they mean a lot to me.

Twenty-five people have changed their Twitter avatars to the image I created for them. Over 100 memes have been created to support the renewal of the show. Jack was my 200th follower a couple weeks into season two; I now have 432, over a hundred more people than subscribed to my newspaper. My blog post with Kayla’s 1-2-3 Nerd Punch plan… I’m not at liberty to share that information since I do not own the site, but I’m from a town of less than 600 people; more people are interested in my blog post than were ever interested in my newspaper. Way more.

To help promote King of the Nerds to new audiences, and to raise awareness of the “Nerd Army’s” efforts to convince you to renew King of the Nerds, I set up two interviews. Your Reality Recaps co-host, Jon Richardson,sat with me for Kayla’s interview. Jon did two YRR shows that day; I’ve never seen him film two in a day. For my interview with Zack I asked my good friend, and Big Brother 15 second runner up, Spencer Clawson to host and to invite his fellow BB15 houseguest, McCrae Olson along for the ride. Spencer loved season one and turned McCrae onto the show this year. And I plan on doing more interviews with King of the Nerds cast members, as soon as Eric and Jon get back from Reality Rally…

Because even if you don’t find King of the Nerds profitable to produce again, I’m still going to promote it because I have made such a great group of new friends because of this show – Friends that I will be friends with for the rest of my life. The only other group of friends that have impacted my life so much are my “Ben Friends” – we are nerds for Ben Folds and Ben Folds Five, among many other standard fandoms in Nerd Culture and we met on the Internet. I still won’t get into that, but nerds are my people and no matter what, something amazing happened to me because of King of the Nerds.

And if SpikeTV is willing to produce a third season of The Joe Schmo Show, nine years after season two aired, I have hope that someday, another group of nerds will enter the halls of Nerdvana. I may even start pushing for a fourth season of Joe Schmo in the meantime because like King of the Nerds, Joe Schmo is all about celebrating the “good guys” and I want to see what kind of host character Ralph Garman will come up with next because he’s brilliant.

So… The “Nerd Army” is still vigilant and we are loyal to our King until a new one is crowned. I'm sorry to all of my Twitter followers for blowing up your timelines so much lately. As soon as we get word about a renewal, I won't be as annoying. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment