Saturday, April 25, 2015

ANOTHER?! Open Letter to TBS & To Nerds Everywhere



Grab your backpacks, lunchboxes and G.I. Joe thermoses, TBS Executives, because it is time to go back to school! Today’s lesson is about the Law of Attraction and the power of one mind on a mission. Last year I was on a mission and I helped raised a Nerd Army. What I did last year I am doing again, but this year I am working Han Style – SOLO. This year I am not asking anyone for permission or direction. I am my own commander. This year I am following my own marching orders because obviously the efforts that were made a year ago did not make a big enough impression or I would not be writing to you now.



Have you lost your mind, TBS?
Because I’ll help you find it!



A year ago I was a different person and without the Nerd Army and the people in my online Reality TV circle, I would feel lost, confused and alone right now. It is because of My King of the Nerds Blogs, My Survivor Blogs and Big Brother, (and The Quest), that I have any confidence in myself and my talents, skills and abilities. Not many people in my “real” life recognize or acknowledge me. Everyone I know in my online Reality TV circle is just as much of a nerd as I am; they are not all badge-wearing Nerd Army members, but they are nerds. We are all nerds.



I don’t even like that word anymore because we’re all just people that have passions and like the things we like. Anyone that celebrates who they are on the inside and what makes them happy without caring what other people think about it – That what a nerd is to me. It’s not about comic books, mathematics and rocket science. Being a nerd means you love what you love without a doubt and you’re not afraid to shout, shout, shout it on out because those are the things that you care about. COME ON! lol



I wish I had my own TV network… OH WAIT. I can do that now because we have the Internet! And we can watch internet videos on TV! Or on our computers, or our tablets or on our phones and now we have watches! I’m not worried about you renewing King of the Nerds, TBS. If you don’t see the potential it has and what it can do for society – SO BE IT. If TBS doesn’t needs nerds, nerds don’t need TBS. The only thing I watch from your network is King of the Nerds and Conan, but at 10:30pm central, I’m usually watching Jimmy Fallon or SNL on NBC. I am absolutely confident that if you don’t see how valuable it is, someone else will and that person is me.



What most people don’t realize about me, no matter how well acquainted we are, is that I am in no way a normal human being. I am something different. I know exactly who I am now and I know what I am meant to be doing in the world. My fate was decided by me a very long time ago and the road less traveled that I walk is leading me to a very bright future, but this path has been very dark and deep, and yes, I have miles to go before I can sleep. Everything that needed to happen to help me see this path more clearly has happened and everything that is unraveling now is all that matters. Everything that is happening is happening now. This is NOW now. Now is my time to shine like the bright and shiny star that I am in reality because until now I have been keeping my identity a secret from everyone that I know.



LOL Wait till you all get a load of me and what I can do. I have super powers of persuasion. My charisma skills are leveled up and have reached their max capacity. I have a very definite way with words and I know how to use them because I am very much like a Jedi now. The Force runs strong within me and I know how to use it now. I have been in training. ;)


These are not the “droids” you’re looking for, TBS. Just ignore the King of the Nerds and pretend that it never happened because when I have completed my Quest with it, you will regret that you let them go and didn’t embrace them. This is what is best for everyone involved because I know you only care about your ratings. If the nerds can’t bring you money, you’re not interested. I get it. You have advertisers you have to keep in mind and I understand that. Your target market is not comprised of people in my nerdy circle of friends so do what is best for everyone and don’t sign those papers. Do NOT renew King of the Nerds. We’ll find another network and they will love us because all nerds have super powers, we are all super heroes and super heroes are here to save and protect the citizens of this planet.



You like that one, Nerds? lol A little reverse psychology ought to do the trick! Or not, but it doesn’t matter. We don’t need TBS. We will crown our kings and queens without them. What we all need to do is focus our efforts on bringing together King of the Nerds and The Quest. This is our mission. We all love both shows; they are perfect for each other. They should get married and have lots of babies. We need to find them both a place to call home where they won’t be constantly threatened by those in charge of the house. We need to find a place for them to exist and evolve so they can both be as popular as Survivor and Big Brother because they both have the potential to reach that level.



I haven’t really developed a good plan yet, but I know this is what we need to do to ensure the safety of our reality shows. We need to find the hidden Immunity Idol and we need to win the Veto for both.



There is a bible verse that states that “the meek shall inherit the Earth”. Now, let me be clear, I am not a religious person, but I think there is a lot of truth to that scripture. Replace “the meek” with “the nerds” and I think that is the truth. Without nerds, none of us would even know each other because the Internet wouldn’t exist. If not for nerds who love what they love, we would all be living in caves, but because we have a spark within us that is driven to learn and advance our thinking… Nerds, in my humble opinion, are what we are all meant to be. We are a planet of nerdy people just trying to survive, but some of them don’t think that being a nerd is awesome and cool. They don’t want to learn and expand their minds, they don’t want to advance their thinking; they are afraid of being smart for some reason. Why people want to be ignorant is beyond me, but they are out there and they ridicule, bully us and try to keep us from expressing ourselves. Nerds have a thirst for knowledge and some people think that the truth is scary so they don’t want to learn anymore about it and they will do whatever they can to keep us all “in our places” and on their level.



Why so serious, Melissa?! Lighten up! ;)



Obviously, this is not really an open letter to anyone at TBS. This is for all the nerds out there that love King of the Nerds and The Quest. These are the shows that we need to be on television because they allow people like us to have the spotlight for awhile. These shows are going to help us share who WE are in reality; this is our way to show how bright and shiny we are and that there is nothing to be afraid of and that we are just normal people. I know I am sounding so over-dramatic, but the world needs to see that people like us exist and they need to know what we’ve been through because they gave us labels like “nerd”, “dork”, “weirdo”, “misfit”, etc. We keep trying to defend that we are nerds and be proud and boastful, but this is the wrong direction. We are just normal people.



What really makes us different is that we aren’t afraid to be smart and keep learning. We aren’t afraid to expand our minds and fill them up with knowledge. We aren’t afraid to express ourselves and share our true thoughts and feelings. That’s the only thing that separates us from others and we shouldn’t allow them to push us into a corner so they can ignore us and stay ignorant. We are here on this planet to show others that it’s okay to be smart and learn about ourselves and the world around us. We are the dream makers. We are the wish granters. We are the storm the takes Dorothy somewhere over the rainbow to show her a world full of color so she can meet the wizard and realize that it’s just a man behind a curtain and the real magic was within her the whole time!



SO! We need to save King of the Nerds and The Quest. I love these shows and I don’t want to see them disappear. We need these shows to complete our missions and so we can be super heroes! We all need to be The Doctor because this Earth we live on needs a Doctor with a T.A.R.D.I.S, does it not? LOL Seriously! Where the hell is that tricky Doctor Who? Do aliens need to attack us for him to show up with that blue box? Helloooooooo? Paging the Doctor! Doctor Whoooooooo! You are needed on Earth. Code Blue! Code Blue! ;)



To be honest, I have a lot going on in my life. I have no job. I have no car. I have no money. I’m focusing a lot of my time on writing my first novel, which is going really well, but slowly; I wish I could write faster… I live with my mother; we are moving at the end of May and have a lot of work to do to between now and then. We don’t even know where we are going yet – I don’t know where to go or what to do with myself other than write because it’s what I do best and I know I can make money for myself and my family if I really focus on it. I’ve got a comedy/music show to help organize and prepare for; my cousin is also getting married next month. I do not have as much time as I did last year to dedicate to this cause. I am also still sorting out some deeply rooted and personal emotional issues that have been building up for years. Yeah, I could probably do with a good dose of therapy, but I’m perfectly capable of managing myself under normal circumstances, but my circumstances are not normal. I am not a normal human being. I’m a nerd.



So, I will do what I can to help King of the Nerds and The Quest, but I can’t focus all of my time and efforts on them. I wish I could, but I can’t. I want to, but I can’t. My family won’t let me relax and focus on what I do best because I cannot support myself financially while I do it and there is too much that is “up in the air” right now so I have to be ready to catch everything when it falls into place. This is my role in my family; they won’t admit it and they don’t realize it, but I am the glue that holds us all together. So until I get my life in order, everything is going to be chaotic. I don’t know why they put all their hopes on me, but I guess I am their only hope. Like I’m Obi-Wan Kenobi or something! lol



My suggestion to everyone that wants to save these shows like I do is to express your selves. SHOW how much you love these shows. You don’t have to do a lot, just a little; even the smallest of pebbles creates a ripple in the pond and if enough people are throwing pebbles, we’ll create a tidal wave. I’ll do what I can do with the time that I can spend making the effort to throw my own pebbles, but I can’t do this by myself, people. Everyone needs to stand up and shout! SHOUT! LET IT ON OUT!



I hope this reaches a lot of fans of King of the Nerds and The Quest. If this post of mine has made an impact on you at all as a fan of both – SHARE IT. I wrote this with the intention of being a beacon of inspiration for everyone who loves both shows. We have to speak up more loudly and clearly now if we want “the universe” to give us what we want. We have to take advantage of the Law of Attraction and embrace the power of our one mind to attract the experiences we want to happen in our lives. And we are all connected whether you know it or not; our minds are connected by unseen energy and in reality we are one mind working as many individuals. ;)



I want King of the Nerds and The Quest to stay on TV. I know that both will be wildly successful for years if we do the work now to make that happen, but it will take a group effort. We have to stop arguing amongst ourselves about who is the better nerd and we need to stop defining what is “nerdy” because everyone is nerdy about something in some way. It’s not about comic books, mathematics and rocket science. Being a nerd is about being who you are no matter what and not being afraid to learn about the world, society and your self. But it IS fun to pretend that we are kings, queens and paladins on TV and get involved in a fun, innocent and harmless competition that helps us meet others like ourselves. When it’s all said and done, we’re all still friends and we still love and respect each other as real people because we are nerds and nerds don’t judge each other because we know what it feels like to be told that we are weird and different just for being who we are on the inside. ;)



Peace! One love. I’ve got a best-selling novel to write. I’m out. ::drops the mic::

No comments:

Post a Comment